samedi 12 mai 2007

Press release

Dignity is not negotiable!

On March 6th of this year, the service of the registry office of the Moroccan consulate in Lille refused to inscribe the forename " Numidia Tin-Ass " which I chose to give to my daughter already recorded in the service of registry office of the town hall of Roubaix. The agent of the Moroccan consulate had explained to me that the forename was not allowed, a thing which compelled him to send a mail to Rabat so that a commission of the Ministry of the Interior decides on the answer to be given to my request. After two months, the Moroccan consulate in Lille always refuses to inscribe my daughter on its registers of registry office.
This is an absurd and unfair attitude which is nothing but a demonstration of the contempt shown by the Moroccan institutions regarding all that is related to the Amazigh identity and civilization. By the present press release, I want to inform about my determination to struggle so that Moroccan consular services inscribe my daughter with the forename that her parents chose. In no way, and whatever the decision of the commission of the Moroccan ministry of the Interior is, shall I change the forename to my family.
I want, by the same opportunity, to report the ban of Amazigh forenames both in Tamazgha and abroad under primitive and racist pretexts. The Moroccan State must abrogate the law related to forenames, a law of the Middle Ages.
Being only one of numerous other victims of this anti-Amazigh behaviour of Moroccan authorities, I want to express my solidarity with all families forbidden to give Amazigh forenames to their children.
Finally, I call all free minds, who are in love with justice and democracy, to support me in this battle for dignity and against absurdity, and to denounce the arbitrary attitude of Moroccan authorities.

Lille, May 5th, 2007
Lhoussain Azergui
Independent journalist and author

http://www.kabylia.info/observer/spip.php?article74

Aucun commentaire: